An effective website is a critical part of any business’ armoury in this increasingly connected online world. Not only is it expected that you will have one, but visitors make a subjective decision about you and your products or services within seconds of arriving.
There is no point in attracting hordes of visitors to your site if what they see when they get there turns them off! We will show you how to make the right decisions about your website, and how to implement for the minimum amount of time and money.
What does this course website work cover?
- Understanding what your customer wants
- Types of website and routes to getting the one you need
- The principles of good design, and how to achieve this without paying a fortune to a designer
- Technical considerations for the non-technical
- Content: What your site should do and say, and how to achieve this without spending time and money you don’t have.
- Promotion: Now that your site is worth visiting, how to get people there (overview/primer as a foundation for further learning).
What will I learn from this course?
- A detailed understanding of what makes a “good” site
- The practical steps you need to take as a business to make your website achieve its potential, whether improving an existing web presence, or starting afresh with a new website or new business.
- An initial review of your own website needs.
- A plan of how to get where you need to be.
- Knowledge of the tools you need to get the job done yourself.
- Alternatively, use this knowledge to manage your suppliers more effectively.
Who should attend this course?
Business owners or website managers who understand that a good web presence is critical, and want to either take their existing website/business to the next level, or to plan a new website for an existing or new business.
What other experience/training is needed to take this course?
No experience or training is required for attending this course
What do I need to bring with me on the day of the course?
None essential. A laptop or tablet may be useful if you wish to review your own website on the day.
What other people have said about this course:
‘Jon has great knowledge of the business world and varied experience from different sectors. Because of this he brings strategic thinking and a real understanding of what your business needs and translates that into creative but effective websites. He has a calm and mature attitude that makes you feel like you are in safe hands- an elder statesman before his time!’